If anything we are liking about this quarantine at home is the possibility that offers us to enjoy, without haste, breakfast. Those who like to have breakfast, the tranquility of getting up and having the necessary time both to make us a good breakfast and to taste it, makes us face the day with another mood.
This apple compote with almond crumbs that we prepared a few weeks ago as a dessert, could now become a fabulous breakfast by sacrificing. To treat it as breakfast, however, it would be advisable to give up sugar from compote, especially if consumed for several days in a row.
Choosing a variety of sweet apple and adding raisins or dates into the compote you will not miss the sugar, for sure! This is a dish that both as breakfast and dessert you can complete with a few tablespoons of yogurt. Although if you repair it as a dessert a ball of vanilla ice cream can also be very tempting. Do you encourage you to prepare it?
Ingredients for 4
For apple compote
- 1 kilo of apples
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 glass of water
For almond crumbs
- 50 g. butter in cubes, well fry
- 40 g. brown sugar
- 50 g. almond flour, toast
- 40 g. flour
- The zest of 1 orange
- A few dates
- Ground cinnamon
Step by step
- Clean, peel andcut apples in small pieces.
- Place them in a saucepan along with lemon juice, cinnamon stick, sugar and water. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat and cook the fruit for 15 minutes or as long as it is necessary for the fruit to be tender. Personally I like that some pieces are whole and others are disaggated, but you can play with whatever texture you want. Once done, remove from heat.
- To make the crumbs of Almond put sugar, almond, flour and orange zest in a bowl and mix.
- Add the butter and with your fingers pinch the mixture until you achieve a crumbs texture.
- Place the compote on a plate or bowl along with the crumbs and crown with a couple of open dates and a little ground cinnamon.