This broccoli and potato stew curry is a very easy proposal to prepare. A vegan dish that can become a delicious dinner for the whole family. At Bezzia we love curry, so we couldn’t help but give that exotic point to this combination.
This stew can be combined with rice to get a full dish to serve in the meal. And you can prepare with other vegetables. We have chosen broccoli but you could also prepare it with green beans or cauliflower, among others, and the result would be equally fantastic.
If you have 30 minutes, you can prepare this dish. The list of ingredients is simple: potatoes, broccoli, curry and coconut milk are the ones that print personality to it. But it is a dish that, without a doubt, better if you use vegetable broth instead of water and if you incorporate some more spice. Try it!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and plunged
- 1 broccoli, in florets
- 1 generous teaspoon curry
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon
- salt to taste
- 1.5-2 cups of water or vegetable broth, about
- 70 ml. coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Step by step
- Heat the oil in a casserole and saute the onion for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Then add garlic, potatoes, broccoli and spices. Skip for two minutes, stirring the set frequently.
- Add the vegetable broth (which should almost completely cover the mixture), bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- To finish, add the milk previously mixed with the cornstarch and let the mixture boil a couple of minutes more.
- Rectify the salt point, add more spices if you think it is poor and serves hot. Store the remaining broccoli and potato stew in the fridge once tempered, up to 3 days.