In Bezzia we love having a sweet bite with which accompany coffee in the afternoon. And now that we have time to prepare them, we don’t miss the opportunity to do it. This past week we prepared this carrot and oatmeal cake to which the photos don’t do justice.
This, like other sponge cakes we have recently prepared, is a healthy sponge cake. We have used dates to sweeten it, although it also carries a small amount of honey, smaller than that of the original recipe. The main ingredients, however, with carrots and oats.
Preparing this sponge cake does not imply any complications. It is one of those biscuits whose dough is prepared by whipping all the ingredients and for which you will only need a grater and a mixer. Looks easy, doesn’t it? And it is. Dare to prepare it!
- 185 gr. oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon grated coconut
- 2 eggs L
- 120 g. of dates
- 20 g. honey
- 50 g. softened butter
- 100 g. of
- 230 g. grated raw carrot
1 tablespoon baking soda
Step by step
- Put the dates in hot water for 10 minutes. Then drain lightly and crushed.
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC and grease or line a mold with baking paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and grated coconut.
- In another bowl, beat the wet ingredients: eggs, date cream, honey, butter, milk and grated carrots.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ones in parts and mix until a mass is achieved without lumps.
- Fill the moldwith the mixture.
- Bring the mold to the oven for approximately 50 minutes or until when inserting a stick in the center of the cake this comes out clean.
- Then let warm 10 minutes before unmolding the carrot and oatmeal cake on a grate to finish cooling.