The ragout (from French ragoût) is in its essence a stew of meat ( from cow or lamb, but also from poultry, fish, and other food), to which we can incorporate as in this recipe other ingredients. A dish that can give us a lot of play in the kitchen as the options are endless.
Preparing this chicken and vegetable ragout is a children’s game. That if you need some planning if you want to macerate the meat before cooking it as we have done in Bezzia. The result we are sure that it will satisfy you. If you have plenty of it, take advantage of it the next day as an accompaniment to your favorite pasta; you will have the food made in 10 minutes.
To macerate the breasts:
- 1 large chicken breasts
- Black pepper
- Dried thyme
- Lemon juice
- The marinated breast, diced
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 250 g. of mushrooms, quartered
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 handful of green beans round, chopped
- 1 large potato, into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 500 ml. vegetable broth
- Salt and black pepper
Step by step
- An hour before cooking the ragout put in a glass bowl the chicken breast salpimentada, lemon juice and thyme. Use your hands so that the breast is well impregnated with all those ingredients and let it marinate for an hour in the fridge.
- After time, brown the chicken breast into pieces with a drizzle of olive oil in a saucepan. Reservation.
- In the same casserole sauté chopped onion and garlic until are slightly browned.
- Then add carrots, mushrooms, beans and potato. Saute the whole for 3 minutes and then add the paprika and turmeric.
- Pour the broth and cook for 20 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- To finish add the chicken, mix and cook two more minutes so that the flavors are combined.
- Serve chicken ragout with hot vegetables