October is one of our favorite stations for the large number of vegetables and vegetables that the garden gives us. It is the month of eggplant, zucchini, pumpkin, carrots, artichoke, cauliflower and cabbage. And it is precisely, the latter that we will use to prepare the cabbage and apple cream that we propose today.
Cabbage is a product that we can easily find on the market. An economical product that spreads a lot in the kitchen and with which we can prepare numerous dishes: salads, creams and stews such as potatoes and carrots that we shared with you last winter.
But let’s go back to our cream. It is a simple and soft cream in terms of its flavor. To achieve this we have cooked the cabbage before and discarded part of the cooking water. So we have also managed to make the apple stand out, achieving a mixture that is difficult not to like. You have to try it!
- 460 g. cabbage
- 3 sweet apples
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Hot vegetable broth
- A drizzle of cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper
Step by step
- Cut cabbage into julienne thick and stew the leaves in plenty of salted water for 15 minutes. Then drain, reserving a cup of the cooking broth.
- While the cabbage is cooked, wash, peel and remove the heart to apples. Then cut them into cubes and give them in a saucepan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Once browned, add the cabbage, pepper and sauté the set a couple more minutes.
- Then add the cup of reserved cooking broth and broth Vegetables need to almost cover vegetables. Cakes for 15 minutes.
- To finish, crind all the ingredientsand add the cream to add creaminess to the cream.
- Serve the warm cabbage cream with a drizzle of extra virgin oil.