Lasagna can give us a lot of play in the kitchen. This type of pasta served in slices, supports different fillings. Interspersing Bolognese sauce with these slices is the traditional way to prepare it, but there are also widespread versions of vegetables like the one we propose today.
Today we use a seasonal product to prepare this lasagna with eggplant and mashed potatoes gratin. A blunt dish that, we will not fool you, will take you time in the kitchen despite its simplicity. The result, yes, will be worth it, we assure you!
You can prepare this lasagna more easily using tomato sauce and commercial potato puree, but believe us, having time it will be richer and probably healthier to prepare both at home. Cheer up and make this recipe that you can adapt to a vegan diet by simply substituting the cheese with a vegan one.
Ingredients for 4 (18x18cm mold)
- 6 plates of lasagna
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 1/2 dozen mushrooms, rolled
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
For tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 5 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon 0régano
For tomato puree
- 5 small potatoes
- 1 drizzle of milk
Step by step
- Start by preparing the tomato sauce. To do this, poke in a frying pan the onion and pepper with a tablespoon of olive oil for 10 minutes. Then add the chopped tomatoes, salpimenta, and cook over medium heat until the tomato first breaks down and then thickens, about 40 minutes. Once done, add oregano, mix and reserve.
- While the tomato sauce is cooked, cook the potatoes in plenty of salted water. Once cooked, let warm lightly to peel and chamfer them with a fork. Salpimenta, add nutmeg and a drizzle of milk and mix. Add more milk if necessary to achieve the desired texture.
- The third step will be cooking the filling. To do this, sauté the eggplant with a little oil about 10 minutes and then add the mushrooms. Salpimenta, cook the set a few minutes until the mushrooms are browned and reserve.
- When you start cooking the filling, put the lasagna plates to moisturize, following the manufacturer’s instructions, and heat the oven.
- With all the components already ready, mount the lasagna. Slightly spread the bottom of the mold with olive oil. Cover the base with two plates of lañasa and on it place half of the eggplant filling and a layer of tomato (one-third of the tomato). Repeat the previous step to finish with a layer of lasagna, tomato and potato puree.
- On this put a generous layer of cheese and bring the lasagna baked to gratin until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Serve the lasagna with freshly made eggplant.