This spring we are cooking in Bezzia numerous stews with different legumes as protagonists. Today, we add one more to the list: lentils with cabbage to turmeric. A simple and economical recipe that is very comforting in those cooler days that spring gives us.
Preparing it with our step by step will be very simple. You’ll need, if, 45 minutes of your time. The necessary to first cook a sofrito that will then serve as a base for lentils to turmeric. A spice, which you can replace with the one you like the most.
If you are not sure about using turmeric, start by incorporating a smaller amount of the recommended amount of this spice. Once you try the lentils, you can increase the amount to suit your taste. Do you encourage you to try it?
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 italian green pepper, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cabbage, julienne 210 g
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- A pinch of cumin
- One pinch of black pepper
- A pinch of salt
- Vegetable broth
Step by step
- Place the oil in a saucepan and saute the onion five minutes.
- Then add the pepper and carrot and sauté five more minutes.
- Add the lentils and cabbage and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Immediately afterwards add the spices and broth and raise the fire until this grass. The broth should cover the lentils and rise above them about four centimeters. Calculate 3.5 parts of water for one of lentils.
- Once grass, lower the heat so that the boil is kept and cook for about 40 minutesor until tender. The time will vary depending on the variety of lentils you choose.
- Serve lentils with hot cabbage.