Today we prepare in Bezzia a very simple recipe: macaroni with kale and cheese. A recipe that we believe is perfect to integrate into the weekly menu because it allows us to attractive incorporate vegetables into the diet of the little ones.
It will not take more than 20 minutes to prepare this recipe that incorporates in addition to the obvious ingredients others such as onion, pepper or tomato. With all of them a sofrito is prepared serves as the basis for the chosen pasta that in our case have been macaroni.
Cheese gives it extra creaminess and flavor. You can use the cheese that you like and that you normally have at home. Depending on how strong it is, yes, you will have to adjust the quantities so that the rest of the flavors are not lost. We have used grated mozzarella, the same as we use to make our pizzas. Do you encourage you to cook it?
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, in julienne
- 1 Italian green pepper in strips
- 1/3 red pepper (for roasting). 3-4 strips
- of kale leaves, chopped
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons homemade tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon concentrated tomato
- 4 handfuls of macaroni
- 1 handful of grated mozzarella cheese
Step by step
- Pour the oil into a large frying pan and sauté the onion and peppers for 10 minutes.
- Then add the chopped kale leaves and sauté for 4 minutes more
- Salpimenta and add the tomato. Mix well and cook a couple more minutes.
- Take advantage while cooking the vegetables to cook the pasta following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it well and embed it into the pan along with the mozzarella cheese. Mix the whole well so that the cheese melts and serve the macaroni with hot kale.