We hesitated to baptize these croquettes of potato and zucchini that we propose today as croquettes, because although they have that characteristic rounded shape, they bounce and fry in oil, their dough is not linked with a traditional bechamel.
These croquettes are much easier and faster to do than traditional ones. Forget about adding milk gradually and stir until the mass gets body. Here you will have to do little more than mix all the ingredients that are garlic, leek, potato, zucchini, cheese and some seasonings.
Do you dare to prepare these croquettes? They are fantastic to enjoy as a starter or as part of a casual dinner with family and friends. We made them fried, but you can also cook them in the oven if you want to remove the fat from the frying. Can we get to the dough?
- 5 medium potatoes freshly cooked
- 180 g. grated zucchini
- 1 cheese
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 small leek, chopped
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Extra virgin olive oil
Step by step
- Place the grated bacin cove in a strainer over a bowl so that it releases water while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a frying pan heat a little olive oil and fry garlic and leek over low heat . Once done, reserve.
- Then, in a bowl, mash the peeled potatoes into puree.
- Add grated zucchini, garlic and leek sofrito, cheese and curry. Salt pepper to taste and mix and then let cool covered in the fridge for a minimum of two hours.
- After that time, with the help of two spoons or hands see taking portions of dough and giving them the shape of a croquette.
- Pass each croquette through breadcrumbs, egg and breadcrumbs again. Place them as you make them on a plate so that they rest until you do all.
- Then fry them in plenty of hot oil by batches until golden brown. Would you rather make them in the oven? Place them on sulphurized paper and bake 15 minutes at 220ºC in the pre-heated oven.
- Enjoy the hot potato and zucchini croquettes.