If you don’t like to put the kitchen upside down to prepare some muffins, note this recipe! A bowl and a blender is all you will need to prepare the dough of these pumpkin and almond muffins. A few tender and juicy muffins that, as you will have time to see, eat on their own.
Pumpkin is very versatile in cooking. Numerous savoury and sweet dishes can be prepared with this as the main ingredient. For example these muffins without sugar and without flours! in which the pumpkin shares prominence with almonds and dates to give them sweetness.
Do you dare to prepare them? You will only need to do this, as we have already anticipated, a bowl, a blender and, of course, the 6 ingredients that make up the dough plus some species and aromas to your liking. We have chosen cinnamon, because we love its combination with pumpkin as we made clear in this orange salad with goat cheese that we prepared on Sunday.
Ingredients for 12 muffins
- 105 g. of dates
- 300g. roasted pumpkin
- 4 eggs L
- 150g. almond flour
- 16g yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of vanilla aroma
- 50g. dark chocolate chopped (optional)
- 12 Dark chocolate drops (optional)
Step by step
- Put the dates to soak in hot water for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190ºC and place paper capsules in metal molds
- Then grate the dates with the pumpkin and eggs in a bowl .
- Add flour, yeast, cinnamon and vanilla essence and beat again.
- Finally, add the chopped chocolate and mix.
- Fill the paper capsules a little more than 2/3 of its capacity and place a drop of chocolate in each of them.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until done. Then allow them to be tempered before removing them from the metal molds to a grate so that they finish cooling.
- Enjoy the pumpkin muffins at any time of the day.