This pumpkin and chocolate sponge cake that we propose today has a slightly moist texture but it turns out, at the same time, very tender and fluffy. The combination of ingredients is one of our favorites; pumpkin and dark chocolate together are always a success.
We have reduced the amount of sugar from the original recipe notoriously in order to make it healthier. We enjoyed it occasionally so the amount of final sugar is no problem either. A sweet whim from time to time it doesn’t tempt bad!
Making this sponge cake is very simple. You will only need a large bowl and a blender for it. Pumpkin, unlike what happened in other biscuits that we have previously made, is added raw to the dough, so you will not need any previous preparations. Do you dare to do it?
- 75 g. of panela
- 3 eggs
- 85 g. of olive oil
- 300 g. of grated pumpkin
- 130 ml. of milk
- 300 g. of flour
- 1 sachet of yeast
- 30 g. of raisins
- 20 g. of chopped nuts
- 4 ounces of chopped chocolate
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a mold with baking paper.
- Beat eggs and panela until a creamy and airy mixture is achieved.
- Add the oil in the form of a thread while you keep beating.
- Then add the pumpkin and milk and mix everything well.
- Sift the flour with the yeast and integrate it into the dough in parts.
- Finally, add nuts, raisins and chocolate and mix it.
- Pour the dough into a mold lined with baking paper and put to the oven for 50 minutes.
- Once done, let temper 10 minutes and unmold on a grid. Wait until the pumpkin and chocolate cake is cold to taste it.