This pumpkin sauce, caramelized onion and cheese deserved to be the protagonist of one of our entries. Nothing to accompany her, nothing to serve as a distraction. Why? You’ll be wondering. Because in addition to having a taste difficult to resist, you can accompany with it numerous dishes.
Simple and versatile so is this sauce that you can use to accompany both pasta dishes and meatballs. Do you like pumpkin? If so this recipe will become a great ally on your table providing a sweet and creamy touch to your dishes.
The pumpkin adds the sweet touch to this sauce. Cheese makes her gain body and creaminess. And the caramelized onion? The caramelized onion changes everything; enhancing both the taste and that sweet touch that makes it unique. Do you dare to try it? It won’t take you more than 30 minutes to get it ready.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g. onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sodium baking soda
- 540 g. clean pumpkin, diced
- 3 portioned cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper
Step by step
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and poke the onion with a pinch of salt over low heat. After 5 minutes, when it has changed color and is soft sprinkle the baking soda on it and let poach 20 more minutes.
- While the onion is cooked, place the pumpkin in a microwave-safe container. Cover it with film, make a few holes in it using the tip of a knife and baked at maximum power for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin is tender, grind it with caramelized onion and cheese and pepper to your liking.
- Serve the pumpkin sauce at the moment with your pasta dish, meatballs or falafels. Or let it quench and then store it in an airtight container in the fridge for use the next day.