We finished the week in Bezzia with one of the simplest recipes we have prepared, a salad of purple cabbage, pear and fresh cheese. A simple but very attractive combination both in terms of color and taste that we are sure will surprise you.
In order to give a warm touch to the salad, we have cooked the grilled pear with a few droplets of oil. We have done it in sheets until they have taken a beautiful golden color. Sheets with a sufficient thickness so that they do not break when handling.
Purple cabbage gives a nice contrast of colors to the salad, but you can use any other type. We have combined it with lettuce leaves to have different textures. You can also do it with escarole or arugula or canons, whatever you like best! Do you encourage you to make this salad?
Ingredients (for 2)
- 1/4 small cabbage, in julienne
- A few lettuce leaves, chopped
- 1 large lecture pear, sliced 20 pieces
- of fresh cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Apple vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Step by step
- Mix in a bowl the lettuce and cabbage, which you have previously washed and cut.
- Water with a little olive oil and vinegar, pepper and mix.
- On a plate with a few droplets of oil cook the pear sheets until golden on both sides.
- Add both the pear and the cheese dices into the salad and dressing with a drizzle of oil.