Quinoa has been become a food with a great presence on our table. 5 years ago it was relatively difficult to find it while today we can do it in any supermarket in order to prepare recipes such as this quinoa salad, salmon, apple and tomato.
It’s not the first quinoa salad we made in Bezzia. We have made them with avocado and strawberries, apricots and almonds… All with different fruits as protagonists and very refreshing for the summer. Today’s is not very different, but it also incorporates fish, salmon.
Prepare it is very simple and is an excellent choice to serve as a main course at the meal or unique dish at dinner. It has seeds, fruit, fish and you can also add other ingredients you need to take advantage of. Do you dare to prepare it?
Ingredients for 2
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 2 medium apples, diced
- 2 slices salmon
- 1o0 g. quinoa
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
Step by step
- Wash the quinoa beans well under the tap using a strainer until the water comes out clean.
- Then saute it in a saucepan with a little oil for one or two minutes.
- Then pour into the casserole twice the volume of quinoa in boiling water as well as a teaspoon of soy sauce and let it cook over medium heat about 15 minutes until the grain opens, becomes translucent and absorbs all the liquid.
- Then, remove from the fire and let stand covered another three minutes to finish swell and settle the grain. The times are indicative, each manufacturer will provide yours in the package if you bet on a commercial option and not in bulk.
- Release the quinoa grain with a fork and mix it in a bowl with tomato, onion, apple and slice of cooked salmon or crumbled grilled.
- Serve warm or fresh.