The weekend is time to prepare rice in many houses, also yours? Although now the circumstances are quite less normal, in Bezzia we wanted to continue with this routine also during this quarantine preparing this rice with squid (or squid).
Preparing this rice does not involve any complications. You can prepare it both with fresh squid and frozen squid, as we have done, and add other seafood if you want. And add fish broth or water; although here if you will notice a big difference between one and the other result.
As in almost all the rice dishes we make, here we have also started preparing a vegetable sofrito. Onion and pepper sofritos add a lot of flavor to rice so we never forget to include them. Do you usually start cooking rice dishes like that, too? Try it!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 italian green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red
- pepper, chopped Salt and pepper
- 400 g. squid or squid, chopped
- 1 tablespoons crushed natural tomato
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 pinch of paella dye
- 3 cups of fish broth, warm
Step by step
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion 5 minutes.
- Then add the peppers, pepperand sauté until all the vegetables are tender.
- Then add the squid and saute until they change color, about 4 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomato and rice and mix well. Give him a couple of laps.
- Next, add the coloring and boiling vegetable broth.
- Cook rice overmedium-strong heat with lid on for 6 minutes. Then lower the heat and cook another 10 minutes keeping the boil without a lid.
- After the time turn off the heat and let the rice sit 5 minutes placing a clean cloth on this.
- Serve rice with freshly brewed squid.