As we anticipated on Tuesday, during this week we will prepare different recipes with pumpkin as the main ingredient. After sharing with you the recipe for pumpkin cookies, today is a salty recipe that occupies our cover, a salty pumpkin pie and cheese, specifically.
Preparing a salty cake like this does not imply any complications and is a great resource to serve as a starter to a celebration or as a dinner in our day to day. The ingredients are simple and you can easily adapt them to what you have in the fridge.
We could have used a puff pastry base or breeze dough to make a quiche, but we decided to simplify it this time. If you want to add it, however, you only have to consult the recipe for quiche leeks and mushrooms to know how to proceed.
Ingredients for a small salty pie (14x14cm)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 large leeks, chopped
- 180 g. of pumpkin
- 100 ml. cream to cook
- 3 eggs
- 30 g of grated cheese
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
- Pot in a frying pan the onion with two tablespoons of olive oil for 5 minutes.
- When you change color, add the leek and pocha until it starts to take a light golden color.
- Then add the pumpkin, which you will have diced no more than 1.5 cm.
- Salpimenta and cook over medium heat until the pumpkin begins to soften and is al dente. Then, remove from the heat and reserve.
- While the filling is slightly tempered, beat the eggs in a wide bowl with a pinch of salt.
- When they are well beaten add the cream and mix.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bring it to the oven for 30 minutes or until set and takes a slight golden hue.
- Taste the salted pumpkin pie hot, warm or cold.