Today we prepare in Bezzia a vegan recipe from which apple chutney is undoubtedly the protagonist. We do not mean that tempeh is not important in the dish but does not require a preparation like apple chutney.
And what is the chutney? Chutney is a preparation native to India. A kind of sweet and sour jam that is made by cooking fruits or vegetables in vinegar with very aromatic spices and sugar and that usually accompanies cheese or cold meat, among other things.
You can prepare chutney with different ingredients, being apple one of the most popular. Doing it will be very simple for you but you will have to devote time; ideally, the apple is cooked over low heat. Do you encourage you to prepare it?
- 230 g. slightly acidic apple
- 45 g. panela
- 1 tablespoon rice
- 150 ml. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 170 g. of tempeh macerated soy
Step by step
- Start preparing apple chutney. To do this, wash the apples, peel them and cut them into cubes by discarding the heart.
- Then put the apple cider vinegar and panela in a casserole and stir until it has dissolved.
- Then add diced apples, rice, grated ginger and cinnamon and simmer for 90 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent sticking and adding water (not much at once) if the mixture thickens too much.
- After time, when the chutney has thickened, remove from heat and leave cool to room temperature. Keep in mind the consistency that when cooled will thicken even more.
- Once the chutney is done, prepare the tempeh by browning it in a frying pan with a pinch of olive oil.
- Serve tempeh with apple chutney and enjoy!