In Bezzia this is not the first time we prepared a Zucchini sponge cake. Like pumpkin, zucchini is a great alternative to create a sweet bite like the one we propose today. Sweet but no sugar, we should add.
The sponge cake we prepare today does not have added sugar, but ingredients that provide sweetness such as raisins and dates. In the last year we have shown you many sugar-free recipes and opted for a healthier than traditional pastries and we will continue to do it.
This sponge cake in addition to being a delicious bite is very fluffy. If something we should stand out about it is certainly its slightly damp and fluffy texture. It is ideal for mid-morning or mid-afternoon eating, without having to have a coffee in the middle. Try it!
- 50 g. raisins
- 50 g. dates
- 2 eggs
- 140 g. extra virgin olive oil
- 130 g. flour
- 20 g. almond flour
- 5 g. bicarbonate
- 5 g. chemical yeast
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon walnut meg
- 8 ounces of chopped dark chocolate
Step by step
- Soak raisins and dates in hot water for 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease or line an elongated mold with sulphurized paper.
- Drain raisins and dates and crushed together with two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Beat the eggs and the rest of the olive oil in a bowl until a creamy mixture is achieved.
- Then add the date and raisin paste and whisk again until integrated.
- Mix dry ingredients: flours, baking soda, levadora, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Then mix these with wet ones until they are fully integrated.
- To finish, add chocolate and mix.
- Pour the cake dough into the pan and put in the oven for 30 minutes or until the muzzcocho is done.
- Then, take the zucchini cake out of the oven and let it cool on a grate.